View Other Courses
Roads Scholar Program Required Course
Risk Management/Tort Liability
This workshop outlines and explains the duties of governmental officials in providing safe highways and the status of Kentucky law - cases that will affect you. The course explores the positive approach to risk management - if you are subpoenaed, if your name is on the bottom line and how to give a deposition.
Dates & Locations
Click on date to register
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Gilbertsville
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center North, Lexington
Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- Introduction and Tort Law in Kentucky
- Risk Management for Highway Systems – An Overview Break
- Summary of Board of Claims Cases in Kentucky Elements of the Risk Management Process
- Kentucky Board of Claims Cases of $50,000 or More How to Give a Deposition
- High-Risk Areas for Tort Liability
- Introduction to Accident Reconstruction Evaluations/Conclusion
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employess of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.