View Other Courses
Road Master Program Optional Course
Small Bridge Repair and Maintenance
This classroom-based workshop explains the basics of small bridge and culvert maintenance and inspection. It covers basic bridge types, components, and mechanics as well as the current state of both the nation’s and Kentucky’s bridges. Bridge inspection requirements are also discussed in detail. Participants are given information on how to perform basic maintenance on bridges and how to obtain funding for bridge replacement when necessary.
Dates & Locations
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- Introduction and Class Overview Bridge Types & Mechanics Break
- Bridge Inspection
- Bridge Exercise
- Bridge Maintenance & Repairs
- Improving Highway Safety at Bridges on Local Roads and Streets Bridge Replacement & Funding
- Small Bridge Replacement
- Evaluations and Certificates
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.