View Other Courses
Roads Scholar Program Required Course
Low-Cost Roadway Safety Improvements
The purpose of this workshop is to show participants ways to reduce fatalities and injuries caused by road departures and collisions with fixed objects, as well as collision at rural intersections. Low cost solutions for keeping the driver on the road will be taught with a focus on selection and implementation. The forgiving roadside concept will be covered for when a vehicle departs the roadway. Clear zones and what to do with hazards in them will be discussed. The material will be presented with a combination of interactive lecture, group discussion and activities.
Dates & Locations
Click on date to register
Barren River State Resort Park, Lucas
Lake Barkley State Resort Park, Cadiz
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- State and Local Road Systems
- Road Safety Assessment
- Enhanced Applications of Traffic Control Devices Maintenance – Clear Zone, Roadside Obstacles, and Vegetation Lunch
- County Name Activity
- Maintenance – Roadway with Pothole Patching Video Maintenance – Bridges and Signs
- Ballard County Class Activity
- What’s wrong with this picture?
- Certificates and Adjourn
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.