View Other Courses
Roads Scholar Program Required Course
Traffic Management Through Signals, Signs And Markings
This workshop will show examples of proper signs and markings, sign requirements, proper placement, warrants, sign supports and pavement markings. This course will also discuss the background on traffic signals, signal indications, hardware, left turn signals, signal coordination an pedestrian signals. Also included in this course are the latest changes to the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
Helpful Resource: Sign Installation Guide
Dates & Locations
Click on date to register
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Gilbertsville
Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- Examples of Proper Signs and Markings – Sign Requirements
- Proper Placement – Warrants – Signs Supports Pavement Markings
- Example Court Cases
- Traffic Signals
- Background on Traffic Signals
- Signal Indication – Hardware – Left Turn Signals
- Charge Intruders – Signal Coordination – Warrants – Pedestrian Signals
- Timing – Other Signals – Related Signs Wrap up – Evaluations – Certificates
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employess of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.