View Other Courses
Road Master Program Optional Course
Erosion and Sediment Control
The Erosion and Sediment Control workshop explores the basic principles of erosion and sediment control. This is a Road Master optional course. Topics include understanding the Clean Water Act and NPDES/KPDES Permits, erosion and sediment control practices and measures; as well as types of erosion and contributing factors. Participants will learn cost saving tips in erosion and sediment control. This is an excellent refresher course for anyone wanting to take the Kentucky Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (KEPSC) Qualification and Testing Course.
Dates & Locations
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- What is erosion and sediment control?
- Types of Erosion and Factors that Influence Erosion
- Clean Water Act and NPDES/KPDES Permits
- Group Activity: What’s Wrong With This Picture?
- Erosion Control Practices and Measures
- Erosion Control Practices and Measures cont.
- Review Activity: Keeping Soil on Construction Sites, Unit 1
- Sediment Control Practices and Measures
- Review Activity: Keeping Soil on Construction Sites, Unit 2
- Cost Saving Tips & Basic Principles for Erosion and Sediment Control Review: What’s Wrong With This Picture
- Evaluations and Certificates
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.