View Other Courses
Road Master Program Optional Course
This workshop covers the basics of managing all types of roadside vegetation. It discusses the importance of an Integrated Roadside Vegetation Management Program (IRVM) and how to achieve a well-balanced program. Participants will learn to identify and manage invasive weeds that show up on Kentucky roadways. This workshop also discusses mowing guidelines, tree and brush removal, and chemical pesticide storage and application. Finally, participants will hear about the different types of equipment available to help complete all of these tasks.
Dates & Locations
Click on date to register
Country Inn and Suites, Elizabethtown
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Gilbertsville
Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- Why Manage Vegetation
- Initial Vegetation Establishment Break
- Landscape Plant Management Highway Mowing
- Chemical Weed Control
- Invasive Weeds on KY Roadways Tree and Brush Removal
- Types of Roadside Equipment Mowing & Brush Removal Equipment Chainsaw Safety
- Summary and Open Discussion Adjourn
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.