View Other Courses
Road Master Program Required Course
This interactive course builds on introductory communication topics by exploring advanced communication strategies. Participants will explore how to effectively write emails, communicate with the public via telephone or social media, and follow the chain of command to improve communications for all parties. By mastering their own communication style, participants will be confident in verbal and written exchanges. Communications I and II can be taken in any order.
Dates & Locations
This session is from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 8:00 am.
- Introductions, Review Agenda Developing Trust in the Workplace Break
- Review of Communication Model In My Opinion Inventory
- X-Y Exercise
- The Speed of Trust
- Jim’s Communication Study Qualities of Trust
- When to Share Information Video
- Case Study: The Horse Trader Wrap-up, Questions, Evaluations Adjourn
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $95 local agency employees
- $115 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.