- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- Lifesavers Conference
- LTAP Region 4 Annual Meeting
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Road Master Program
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- Safety Circuit Rider Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
- Local Public Agencies Project Guide Training
- Sign Retroreflectivity Nighttime Visual Inspection
- Sign Retroreflectivity Training
- Technology Transfer Equipment Loan Program
Work Zone Qualification Training Program
In 2007 the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet issued the Policy and Procedures for the Safety and Mobility of Traffic Through Work Zones with a primary goal of reducing crashes and injuries in and around highway work zones; as well as providing a safe and efficient environment for workers. The Work Zone Traffic Control Employee Qualification Program has been developed to meet this need.
A copy of the Policy and Procedures for Safety and Mobility of Traffic through Work Zones can be viewed here.
- $85 local agency employees, Basic Work Zone and Flagger Qualification
- $95 all others, Basic Work Zone and Flagger Qualification
- $185 Work Zone Traffic Control Technician
- $185 Work Zone Traffic Control Supervisor
- $90 Work Zone Traffic Control Technician Requalification (1/2 day course)
- $90 Work Zone Traffic Control Supervisor Requalification (1/2 day course)
Fee includes all materials and refreshments. Lunch is included on full day courses.
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
To reduce overtime and travel during this time of budget restrictions, course times have been set as follows: The on-site registration desk opens and sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time. Most classes begin at 8:00 a.m. or 8:30 a.m., and adjourn between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. You will receive exact times through your confirmation letter two weeks prior to the course.
To help a participant get the most out of each training course/workshop, attendance is limited. However, without the required minimum of 15 people, a course will be cancelled. All courses are subject to change. If there are any changes, the registered party will be notified immediately. Click on the course descriptions listed above to register. NOTE: State employees wishing to register for a Work Zone Qualification Program course should contact their District Training Coordinators. All state registrations must come to us from the Training Coordinators.
If you are registered and cannot attend, please let us know at least two business days prior to the workshop. If we do not receive advance notice of your cancellation, you will be charged the full registration fee. Someone may substitute for you at any time. All cancellations will be given a cancellation number.