- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- Lifesavers Conference
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Road Master Program
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- Safety Circuit Rider Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
- Local Public Agencies Project Guide Training
- Sign Retroreflectivity Nighttime Visual Inspection
- Sign Retroreflectivity Training
- Technology Transfer Equipment Loan Program
Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
2013 Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
Have you or one of your co-workers recently built an innovative gadget or developed an improved way to do a job? Well, now is the time to show off your creativity. The Technology Transfer Program (T2) at the Kentucky Transportation Center is participating in the 2013 Build a Better Mousetrap National Competition sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) and Tribal Technical Assistance Program (TTAP) centers.
The Build a Better Mousetrap National Competition’s purpose is to collect and distribute real world examples of best practices, tips from the field, and assist in the transfer of technology for local and county transportation workers and other LTAP/TTAP clients.
We are looking for projects that you, your employees or crew designed and built. Projects can be anything from the development of tools, equipment modification, and/or processes that increase safety, reduce cost, improve efficiency, and improve the quality of transportation.
Judging criteria will be based on a five point scale used at both the state and national levels:
• Savings/Benefits to the Community
• Ease of Transference to Others
Submit entries to us at the Kentucky LTAP Center, where an independent panel of judges will pick a state winner. State winners will be announced at the annual Roads Scholar/Road Master graduation. An entry form can be found here.
The deadline to submit your entry is October 31, 2013.
The state winner will be automatically submitted into the national competition where you will compete for fantastic prizes and of course bragging rights! The national winners will be announced at the 2014 LTAP/TTAP National Conference.