- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- 2017 National RAC and TRB State Representatives Meeting
- Traffic and Safety Academy
- Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Road Master Program
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
Traffic and Safety Academy
The Traffic and Safety Academy is designed to offer local governments training to reduce roadway departure and pedestrian fatalities. The Academy includes 16 various topics in four training tracks. The training tracks include:
- Technology: Examining Crash Data, GIS Mapping, Asset Management
- Regulations and Guidelines: Risk Management / Guide to Depositions, Communications with the Press and Public, Highway Safety Manual Implementation
- Design (Addresses Pedestrian Safety & Intersection focus areas): Intersection Safety and Alternative Designs, Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety, Guardrail Installation, Systemic Safety
- Assessment (Addresses Roadway Departure focus area): Horizontal Curve Alignment, Road Safety Audits, Sign Retroreflectivity, Traffic Management and Inspection, Low-Cost for Rural Roads, Safety Edge
The Kentucky LTAP (Local Technical Assistance Program) was selected for an Accelerating Safety Activities Program (ASAP) by the Federal Highway Administration, Office of Safety. The purpose of this ASAP grant is to provide local governments the opportunity to attend the Traffic and Safety Academy at no cost!
No new dates at this time.
For lodging reservations contact the Hyatt Regency at 859-253-1234. Be sure to mention the Kentucky Transportation Center to receive the reduced lodging rate of $124 plus tax for a single room for days 1 & 2. Unfortunately, we could not lock in Government rates for days 3 & 4, and the lodging rooms will be $179. We have access to other hotels in the area and can offer shuttle service to the Hyatt each morning and afternoon. Reservations for the academy must be received on or before September 7.
Registration is free for local governments through the Accelerating Safety Activities Program (ASAP) grant through the Federal Highway Administration. Agencies will be limited to sending up to three individuals. You must register in advance to attend.
Registration will start each day at 8:00 am with the course starting at 8:30 am. The training is scheduled to conclude each day around 4:00 pm.
Participants will receive a confirmation letter with a map and directions prior to the workshop. If registered and unable to attend, please inform us at least three business days prior to the workshop. Someone may substitute for you at any time.
For additional information, contact Martha Horseman at 1-800-432-0719 or [email protected].