- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- 2017 National RAC and TRB State Representatives Meeting
- APWA Kentucky Chapter State Conference
- Horizontal Alignment Signing
- Traffic and Safety Academy
- Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Road Master Program
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
Traffic and Safety Academy
Call To RegisterTo register for this course, please contact us at 800-432-0719.
The Traffic and Safety Academy is designed to offer local governments training to reduce roadway departure and pedestrian fatalities. The Academy includes 16 various topics in four training tracks. The training tracks include:
- Technology: Examining Crash Data, GIS Mapping, Asset Management
- Regulations and Guidelines: Risk Management, Communications with You District Office, Highway Safety Manual Implementation
- Design (Addresses Intersection focus areas): Intersection Safety and Alternative Designs, Systemic Safety
- Assessment (Addresses Roadway Departure focus area): Road Safety Audits, Sign Retroreflectivity, Traffic Management and Inspection, Low-Cost for Rural Roads, Safety Edge
The Kentucky LTAP (Local Technical Assistance Program) was selected for an Accelerating Safety Activities Program (ASAP) by the Federal Highway Administration, Office of Safety. The purpose of this ASAP grant is to provide local governments the opportunity to attend the Traffic and Safety Academy at no cost!
October 31-November 1: Hilton Garden Inn, Georgetown
November 8-9: James E. Bruce Center, Hopkinsville
This course is for local government participants only.
Registration is free for local governments through the Accelerating Safety Activities Program (ASAP) grant through the Federal Highway Administration. Agencies will be limited to sending up to three individuals. You must register in advance to attend.
Online registration is not available.
A registration form is available for download here.
You may also register by contacting Becky Boston at 800-432-0719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration will start each day at 8:00 am with the course starting at 8:30 am. The training is scheduled to conclude each day around 4:00 pm.
Participants will receive a confirmation letter with a map and directions prior to the workshop. If registered and unable to attend, please inform us at least three business days prior to the workshop. Someone may substitute for you at any time.
Governor's Office for Local Development (GOLD) Approved Training
This course has been approved for 11.75 training hours (5.75 hours on day one and 6.0 hours on day two) toward the County Officials Training Program.