- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- 2018 Roger Clark Leadership Conference
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Sidewalk Facilities for Public Rights-of-Way
- Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Road Master Program
- Basic Plan Reading
- Communications II
- Computer Familiarization
- Courageous Leaders and Courageous Followers
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Environmental Awareness
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Leading Challenging People with Emotional Intelligence
- Roadside/Vegetation Management
- Small Bridge Repair and Maintenance
- Snow And Ice Removal
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
Course: Small Bridge Repair and Maintenance
- This classroom-based workshop explains the basics of small bridge and culvert maintenance and inspection. It covers basic bridge types, components, and mechanics as well as the current state of both the nation’s and Kentucky’s bridges. Bridge inspection requirements are also discussed in detail. Participants are given information on how to perform basic maintenance on bridges and how to obtain funding for bridge replacement when necessary.
Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Who Should Attend
Road Master courses are designed to provide governmental roadway maintenance workers the basic knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently maintain Kentucky's highways. These classes are open to local and state governmental employees, private industry, the general public and anyone regardless of job assignment with interest in learning more about maintaining roads and streets.
Participants may register on-line and pay for the class using Visa or MasterCard. You may also print and complete a Registration Form and fax it to 859-257-1061, mail it to us, or contact us by phone at 800-432-0719 or 859-257-7364 to register. NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $85 for city and county employees;
- $95 for all others.
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
To reduce overtime and travel during this time of budget restrictions, course times have been set as follows: The on-site registration desk opens and sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time. Most classes begin at 8:00 a.m. or 8:30 a.m., and adjourn between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. You will receive exact times through your confirmation letter two weeks prior to the course.
To help a participant get the most out of each training course/workshop, attendance is limited. However, without the required minimum of 15 people, a course will be cancelled. All courses are subject to change. If there are any changes, the registered party will be notified immediately.
NOTE: State employees wishing to register for a Road Master course should contact their District Training Coordinators. All state registrations must come to us from the Training Coordinators.
We understand that circumstances may arise that could require you to cancel your registration and we make every effort to accommodate your needs. Due to commitments to our instructors and facilities, please cancel your registration at least two business days prior to the workshop. If we do not receive advance notice of your cancellation, you will be charged the full registration fee. Someone may substitute for you at any time. All cancellations will be given a cancellation number.
Receiving Course Credit
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive credit for any of the Center’s training sessions, you must be present during the entire class. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, leave more than 15 minutes early or miss more than 15 minutes of the session, you will not receive credit for the course.