- Training & Conferences
- Event Calendar
- 2017 National RAC and TRB State Representatives Meeting
- Traffic and Safety Academy
- Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- Roads Scholar Program
- Asphalt Paving Best Practices
- Basic Work Zone And Flagger Qualification
- Communications I
- Construction of Concrete
- Customer Service
- Drainage: The Key to Roads That Last
- Handling Harassment and Violence in the Workplace (formerly Managing People V)
- Handling Leadership Responsibilities (formerly Managing People VI)
- Low-Cost Roadway Safety Improvements
- Risk Management/Tort Liability
- Time Management and Conflict Resolution (formerly Managing People III)
- Traffic Management Through Signals, Signs And Markings
- Understanding the Differences in People (formerly Managing People I)
- Using Motivation and Discipline to Manage Successfully (formerly Managing People II)
- Working and Communicating as a Team (formerly Managing People IV)
- Road Master Program
- Asphalt Training & Testing
- Ky Erosion Prevention & Sediment Control (KEPSC)
- Pesticide Training & Testing
- Work Zone Qualification Training Program
- 15 Passenger Van Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Grade & Drain Training
Course: Basic Work Zone And Flagger Qualification
This workshop is intended for individuals who perform flagging and temporary traffic control activities on Kentucky's roadways. This training session includes lectures, videos and hands-on exercises to present the following: proper use of personal protective equipment, work zone components and types of operations; flagging procedures, proper and improper flagging operations, as well as communicating with workers and the public. The course also fulfills a requirement for the Roads Scholar Program.
Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Who Should Attend
Work Zone Training & Testing courses are designed to provide governmental roadway maintenance workers the basic knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently maintain Kentucky's highways. These classes are open to local and state governmental employees, private industry, the general public and anyone regardless of job assignment with interest in learning more about maintaining roads and streets.
Participants may register on-line and pay for the class using Visa or MasterCard. You may also print and complete a Registration Form and fax it to 859-257-1061, mail it to us, or contact us by phone at 800-432-0719 or 859-257-7364 to register. NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employees of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Roads Scholar and Road Master Courses:
- $85 local agency employees
- $95 all others
NOTE: Payment is required in advance, except employess of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
To reduce overtime and travel during this time of budget restrictions, course times have been set as follows: The on-site registration desk opens and sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the scheduled class start time. Most classes begin at 8:00 a.m. or 8:30 a.m., and adjourn between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. You will receive exact times through your confirmation letter two weeks prior to the course.
To help a participant get the most out of each training course/workshop, attendance is limited. However, without the required minimum of 15 people, a course will be cancelled. All courses are subject to change. If there are any changes, the registered party will be notified immediately. Click on the course descriptions listed above to register. NOTE: State employees wishing to register for a Work Zone Qualification Program course should contact their District Training Coordinators. All state registrations must come to us from the Training Coordinators.
We understand that circumstances may arise that could require you to cancel your registration and we make every effort to accommodate your needs. Due to commitments to our instructors and facilities, please cancel your registration at least two business days prior to the workshop. If we do not receive advance notice of your cancellation, you will be charged the full registration fee. Someone may substitute for you at any time. All cancellations will be given a cancellation number.
Receiving Course Credit
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To receive credit for any of the Center's training sessions, you must be present during the entire class. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, leave more than 15 minutes early or miss more than 15 minutes of the session, you will not receive credit for the course.